Dark underarms can be quite embarrassing for a person and it is more visible in those people who have fair skin. There are certain factors which can cause dark underarms such as shaving, excessive sweating, strong deodorants, chemicals and dead skin buildup. Some of the common symptoms of dark underarms may include body odor, sweating, itching and skin discoloration.
There are several home remedies for dark underarms which are simple and quite safe to use with no risk of side effects. Some of the popular remedies for dark underarms which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective remedies for dark underarms is the use of lemon juice. It is a rich source of vitamin C which is very good for the skin. All you need to do is take a lemon and cut it into slices. Now rub lemon slices on your armpits. Regular practice of this home remedy will lighten the color of your skin.
2. Baking soda is also considered to be one of the efficient remedies for dark underarms. You can apply baking soda on your armpits after taking shower to avoid friction.
3. Orange peel is also very helpful in treating this problem. Just make a paste out of water and orange peel and then apply on the affected area. This natural home remedy will reduce dead skin cells and will restore the original color of your skin.
4. Take some sandalwood powder and mix it with honey and lemon juice. Now apply this mixture on the affected region of your body and wait for it to dry. Later wash with water. This is a very effective home remedy.
5. Take one tablespoon of curd, a pinch of turmeric, one teaspoon of gram flour and one teaspoon of milk. Mix them all together to form a paste and then apply this paste on your underarms. Wait for this paste to dry and later wash with cold water.
6. Vitamin E oil can also be very helpful in treating dark underarms. All you have to do is apply vitamin E oil on the affected region of your skin on daily basis.
7. Potato is known to act as a bleaching agent. Just take a potato and cut it into slices. Rub these potato slices on the affected area of your body. This home remedy will reduce the darkness of your underarms.
8. Take two tablespoons of water and then mix three drops each of wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, citrus oil and olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your underarms every night. This will give soothing effect to your skin and will lighten the color of your dark underarms.
9. Take a tomato and cut it into two halves. Now rub tomato slice on your underarms in circular motions for the next fifteen minutes. Daily use of this home remedy will give you good results.
The above mentioned remedies for dark underarms are some of the most effective and simple natural home remedies which are simple, cheap and safe to use.
Read about Home Remedies for Dark Underarms. Also know Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes. Read about Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face.